Re: Java missing again?

Sven Luther wrote:
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:17:13PM +0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA wrote:

I installed the Konqueror browser expressly to be able to avoid needing from a browser plug-in.

Yeah, but this is no real solution, just a loosy workaround as is usual here.
gcjwebplugin may be a solution, but it is not yet ready for prime-time.

	At least it seems to work -- Konqueror, not gcjwebplugin.

	I hope ESR is right about IBM being about to liberate their j2re.

Either that, or the free implementations will catch up and make it obsolet.

Yeah. #classpath on irc.freenode.org is where the catching up happens in real time. Volunteers & lurkers welcome :)

cheers,
dalibor topic