Re: installing debian on IBM 43P-150 (CHRP)
- To: Philippe Guyot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: installing debian on IBM 43P-150 (CHRP)
- From: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:04:28 +0100
- Message-id: <20041201130427.GB10560@pegasos>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 11:27:10AM +0100, Philippe Guyot wrote:
> Hi all !
> Sorry for my bad english.....
> I sucessfully installed a woody on a 43P-140 which is a true prep machine with
> a bootable diskette from Leigh Brown. All's fine. Thanks to him.
> I am trying now on a 43P-150.
> It's a CHRP machine Leigh tolds me.(Leigh's diskette wont boot: immediate
> return from OF to prompt).IBM says CHRP also.
> Leigh told me to go to debian's site and use boot image from
Please use either the daily builds, or better yet RC2.
> So I downloaded boot.image and dd'ed it on a floppy
floppies are not supported on chpr or prep, the current stuff has only be
ported to oldworld pmac, using miboot, no chance it will work on either prep
or chrp, but you are welcome to help in the porting.
on chrp/prep, the current recomended boot method is either netboot, or the