Re: TEST: Sleep patch #5

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 20:05 +0100, Sascha Herrmann wrote:
> Hy,
>
> > If you compile CONFIG_XMON in the kernel, once it's locked, does
> > command-power work to break into the debugger ? Also, does it lockup if
> > you remove CONFIG_CPUFREQ from the kernel ?
> comman-dpower dosn't work after the lockup. One time i was able to
> switch to xmon short before the lockup, so xmon basicly works. Without
> CONFIG_CPU_FREQ the effects are the same. Vanilla 2.6.9 boots without
> problems. With the sleep patch the kernel hangs on about 3 of 4 boots...
>
> Is there maybe a chance to put some call into the kernel so that xmon
> gets called short before one suspects the hangup? (and would it be of
> any use?)

Strange... I did experience the crash at ADB probe time here, and fixing
that bit in the cpufreq code fixed it for me ... from what I dug out, it
was apparently the interrupts not working any more, though it would
"resume" when kicked by a direct call to do_IRQ, and I suspected we were
basically losing them during the freq. transition.

Now you seem to claim something else is going on...

At this point I don't have a clue. I'll go through the patch again see
if I can find anything ...

Ben.