Re: TEST: Sleep patch #5

Hy Benjamin,

compiled your patch and it runs really nice most of time. I have done some suspend/resume cycles now without any real problems.

Sometimes xmms hangs after resume, but can be restarted by pressing the play Button. Also it's seems dmasound_pmac dosn't like suspend very much. Sometimes after resume i can hear some odd peaks while playing mp3's with xmms. unloading/reloading dmasound solves this.

Sometimes while the iBook (G4) is on sleep i can i hear an very silent sound (i think out of the speakers), which sounds somewhat like the hum you can hear from cheap Power-Supplys.

The problem with the lockups while booting are still there. The lockups happens while the kernel is booting (befor init or cpudyn is loaded, sorry i think i didn't get that right in my last mail). I have uploaded an screenshot of one lockup and the used kernel config.

http://www.nvbi.de/ibook/config-2.6.9-suspend-5-1
http://www.nvbi.de/ibook/IMG_1763.JPG

I will do some more boots tomorrow and see how hoften this happens.

PS: i have done about 15 sleep/resume cycles now, without rebooting or any real crash. Very nice :)

Best Regards,
Sascha