Re: TEST: Sleep patch #4

Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 06:36:02PM +0000, Sean Neakums wrote:
>> Keith Conger <keith.conger@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Works great here also (15" 1GHz PB). One issue which may be unrelated
>> > I have some sound issues. For instance one a sound is played it sounds
>> > fine but if a sound is played right after its volume is extremely low.
>> > But with headphones this doesn't occur.
>>
>> I have a similar problem post-resume -- sound from the speakers is
>> very quiet (although it seems to be louder at the very beginning) and
>> I had to plug and re-plug the headphones to get sound from them.  I
>> tried unloading and reloading snd_powermac, to no avail.
> Could you check if:
>  http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/alsa-2.6.9-rc2-revert.diff
> helps?

Increasing DRC Range as suggested by Ben seems to fix my problem.

I note that this patch seems to have a few hunks relating to 48KHz --
does this do anything to help applications that do not resample audio
to 44.1KHz?  The asoundrcs using dmix to adjust the rate that I have
seen posted produce rather poor sound.