Re: kernel-2.6.9 config for G5

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> On 19 Nov 2004, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
>
> > Eric Deveaud writes:
> >
> > > could someone point me to a working 2.6.9 kernel config file for a
> > > dual-1.8 g5
> >
> > You will find one in /boot/config-2.6.9-power4-smp if you install the
> > kernel-image-power4-smp package from unstable.
>
> thank's I grab the package

OK I'm back for the 2.6.9 compil on the biG5

I finaly ended to set up a 2.6.9 kernel on the box using a tweaked
/arch/ppc64/configs/g5_defconfig

now it's time to try to set X on this box.

just a stupid question, as I'll migrate my workstation from my old bi-G4
to the bi-G5.
and given the graphic card of the 2 machine are

G4 : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 If [Radeon 9000] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
G5 : nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200 Ultra] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])

and given I have 2 17 apple flat screen, wich card did you recoment to
put on the G5 in order to have a dual-screen box ??

	Eric

--
J :  Je vois mal les développeurs commencer à travailler sur des
  :  hypothèses.