Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 09:29:47AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> If you don't have any Xv output, go to sleep, resume, then display some
> Xv stuff, it happens too ?

yes, after any resume (Xv output before or not) the Xv output is green garbage.
The only way to clean the garbage seems to restart X.

> Also, what machine is it ?

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 798MHz
revision        : 3.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
bogomips        : 804.39
machine         : PowerBook6,3
motherboard     : PowerBook6,3 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 384MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

with :

ATI Technologies Inc RV250 5c63 [Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+] (rev 01)
(prog-if 00 [VGA])

> Do you have APM Emulation enabled in the kernel and /dev/apm_bios
> created in /dev ? (that is, is X properly notified of suspend/resume).

yes

> Firewire isn't a friend of sleep, though some of that has been fixed,
> there may still be some issues.

It seems the patch works only when I forget all modules on boot
(no /lib/modules/2.6.9/ directory)

I can manually insmod sungem and dmasound_pmac, and the sleep still
works well.

I tried elimate most of them from a normal boot with modules, leaving only
radeon and apm_emu, and it stills crash.

I'll try to track that.

--
Tab