Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 15:55 +0100, Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:20:22PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Ok, I already found a bug, occasional lockups on boot and when setting
> > the backlight. I uploaded a new version at:
> >
> > http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/albook-ibookg4-sleep-2.diff
>
> Hi,
>
> after resume the XV output (xine/mplayer) is full of green garbage.
>
> sometimes going to sleep again, and reenabling XV output make X crash.
> after the X server restart, the XV output works again.

If you don't have any Xv output, go to sleep, resume, then display some
Xv stuff, it happens too ?

Also, what machine is it ?

Do you have APM Emulation enabled in the kernel and /dev/apm_bios
created in /dev ? (that is, is X properly notified of suspend/resume).

> also, I'm tracking a resume crash with one module loaded (maybe firewire),
> but didn't have its name now.

Firewire isn't a friend of sleep, though some of that has been fixed,
there may still be some issues.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>