Re: Does 3D accel. work in Sarge?

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:38:17PM +0100, Björn Johansson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> In a week or two I will be a new owner of a Powerbook G3 (333Mhz).
> I'm going to install Debian Sarge on it.
> Now, to my question.
> Does 3D acceleration work with Debian Sarge?
> A few years ago I heard rumours that 3D acceleration don't work
> with the official drivers provided. This was in Woody..

I don't know your particular case/graphic card, but upto Radeon 9200 should
work fine. They do here at least, but then i am using a pegasos box, not an
apple one. I think i remember that 6 month back or so, you needed the
dri-trunk packages from Michel Daenzer on my ibook G3/800, but this may have
been fixed since then.

Friendly,

Sven Luther