Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 17:16, Luis Sanjuan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:04:43PM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> > hello...
> >
> > * Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> [2004-11-11 13:15 +0100]:

> > [...]
> >
> > i can assert that on some occasions (also 5,2). mostly, it works, but
> > sometimes, when the machine has been slept for quite some time, the
> > machine seems to awake (disc spins up), but the display stays dark.
>
> Same here (PowerBook5,3 + pbbuttons + USB mouse), only a couple of times.
> Normally it works perfectly. Because I've no idea what could be the cause
> neither how to reproduce it, I haven't yet reported it.

Same story her (15" PB 5,2 1.25Ghz + pbbuttons + USB mouse). Not been
able to consistantly reproduce it.

> > i did not bark yet, because i did not figure out what causes this
> > behaviour. i suspect USB to be the culprit, because sometimes i have a
> > Sharp Zaurus or a USB mouse attached to the machine. suspend/resume
> > is experimental for USB, anyway.
> >
> > > It may be waking up, but with the brightness left at 0... try pressing
> > > repeately on "low brightness" until it reaches 0, then slowly back up.
> >
> > i should try that.

This worked for me one time, but the other times the powerbook just
stayed completely 'frozen'. For the record, so far this has only
happened after deliberately putting the albook to sleep by pressing the
power button.

Duration of sleep doesn't have anything to do with it (i just let it
sleep overnight for about 7 hourse just to try that...).

R.