Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

hello...

* Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> [2004-11-11 13:15 +0100]:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 03:01 -0200, Federico Gamio wrote:
> >
> > My 15" PowerBook (5,2) (1.25Ghz) can't resume from sleep.

[...]

i can assert that on some occasions (also 5,2). mostly, it works, but
sometimes, when the machine has been slept for quite some time, the
machine seems to awake (disc spins up), but the display stays dark. i
did not bark yet, because i did not figure out what causes this
behaviour. i suspect USB to be the culprit, because sometimes i have a
Sharp Zaurus or a USB mouse attached to the machine. suspend/resume
is experimental for USB, anyway.

> It may be waking up, but with the brightness left at 0... try pressing
> repeately on "low brightness" until it reaches 0, then slowly back up.

i should try that.

> I'm not sure what's up, it works fine for others with the same machine,
> I've been reported.

aight, works fine in most cases.

thank you very much,
 Sebastian