Re: 64bit PPC and Debian

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 04:13:25PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Sven,
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 03:56:04PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Great. Unfortunately the Apple-machines look a little space
> > > constraint, and I know how quickly add-on cards and additional drives
> > > pile up, so I am still deciding. (And I figured the IBM Power-machines
> > > are quite a bit beyond my budget).
> >
> > euh, i was under the impression it is huge and roomy, but maybe i am wrong.
>
> I guess I ought to visit the local Apple store next week. Looking at
> the pictures on the apple pages I did think I could add much into it.

Well, go and look, the size of this beast make you maybe misinterpret the size
of it. There is only 2 drive bays though, but three pci-x or pci slots, which
will probably be enough for whatever you want to do.

I suppose that the expansion cards capacity is more than enough, but two drive
bays may indeed be not enough for you, altough two SATA 200GB drives in raid 0
situation may be already a lot.

Friendly,

Sven Luther