Re: 64bit PPC and Debian

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:58:22AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> my current 64bit machine is reaching EOL and I am looking for a
> replacement. One option I seriously consider is using the current
> 64bit machines from Apple.

One question, what are you going to do with the old EOLfed machine ?

I am currently trying to get d-i to work with real 64bit kernels, altough
cross compiled ones. This would still install mostly the 32bit userland
though, and i am not sure it will really work quickly, but once sarge is out
of the door, we will hopefully quickly have a better chance to get things
working.

I have no ppc64 machine though, which is a bit unhandy for this kind of work.

Friendly,

Sven Luther