Re: Software Suspend on iBook G4

Le mardi 11/02/04 Sam Halliday <fommil@yahoo.ie> a écrit :
> i am still not too sure what i am supposed to do with regards setting up
> software suspend... i applied the swsusp-2.6.9.diff patch to a 2.6.9 kernel
> tree, but typing `hibernate` says my kernel does not support hibernating. i
> have set
>   CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y
>   CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION=""
>
> so i thought that maybe i still needed to apply the patches from
> http://download.berlios.de/softwaresuspend/software-suspend-2.1-for-2.6.9.tar.bz2
> but they do not seem to apply cleanly alongside the benh ones... which
> patches am i to apply?
>
> i noticed there is a CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2_CORE option if i apply only
> these patches. but i guess my iBook will not be supported as everyone says
> to use benh's ones

The hibernate script seems to rely on /proc/swsusp to check swsusp
capability. I don't have this on mine, running 2.6.9 with swsusp patch,
but I can suspend to disk with echo disk > /sys/power/state and resume
by add a resume=/dev/hda3 (my swap partition) as kernel parameter.

Note that I still have some problems when resume sometimes...

Regards.
--
Djoumé SALVETTI