Re: APM and backlight keyboard with kernel 2.6.8-1

Hi,

Jaonary Rabarisoa writes:

>  Now, I want to run a battery manager such as wmbattery but it says
>  that the kernel doesn't not support APM. Then, I wanna know whether
>  I shoud rebuild the kernel or is there another way to put apm on ?

Load the module apm_emu.  If you put in /etc/modules, it will be
loaded automatically at boot time.

>  Finaly, I wanna know how to get the latest version of linux kernel
>  (2.6.9 - 2.6.10) , in order to compile it on my debian box.

You can get source for 2.6.9 from kernel.org, and it has also been
uploaded (both kernel-source and PowerPC kernel-image packages) to
unstable.  However, the packages will take some time to actually reach
the archive.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!