Troubles preventing me from doing anything with my PPC.

I have a PowerCenter Pro 210 with Open Firmware 1.0.5.

I got System Disk to set it up for NetBSD 1.6.2 and installed that
over my entire hard disk, overwriting Mac OS 7.6.1. The problem was
that I could not boot to hard disk.

I found on this site (http://www.jonh.net/lppcfom-serve/cache/1.html)
that I was supposed to move the hard disk to the other SCSI bus, and I
did that the other day. However, when I finished, I was greeted to a
screen that demanded a boot floppy for Mac OS. My Open Firmware
settings were gone. I booted to a Disk Tools PPC disk I had and
initialised the hard disk. I got someone to copy the contents of the
System Disk to a zip and wrote those files to a floppy but upon
not be opened, because the application program that created it could
not be found."

Now, I'm really somewhat frustrated about this. I have Debian Sarge
boot floppies, though I doubt they work (last time I tried I just got
inverted colours and nothing happened). When I boot into Open
Firmware, my monitor goes into sleep mode.

I have no idea what to do about all this...