Re: No Hard drive found error with mac-fdisk in install PPC debian

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 10:11:46PM -0400, Francis Parent-Valiquette wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm an old user of debian last month I bought a mac PowerBook G4 and
> I'm trying to install the Power Pc distro of debian on it I follow the
> how-to of Branden Robinson
> That could be find on this site
> http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html#run_installer
>
> When I try to use the mac-fdisk partioning tools It doesn't see my
> hard drive. Is there any patch or something to disable in the Open
> firmware that could help me ?

Are you sure you're not affected by the note at the top of my document?

  Note: I have been informed that the Linux kernel even in the aforementioned
  updated boot-floppies does not recognize the ATA 100 controller in
  relatively new PowerBook G4s as of this writing (2003-10-29). If the Debian
  installer cannot see any physical disks, you probably have this problem.
  The archives of the debian-powerpc mailing list may be useful until this
  page is updated with a solution.

The new G4 iBooks might be using an ATA/100 controller as well.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If a man ate a pound of pasta and a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    pound of antipasto, would they