Re: kernel-image-2.4.27-powerpc-smp-pmac unstable with CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:00:52PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Which is why you should be running 2.6 kernels on your powerpc box. The 2.4
> kernels are largely abandoned by upstream powerpc developers, and are not the
> default on powerpc in debian anymore. Especially for largely uncommon
> situations like highmem and smp kernels, the latest 2.6 kernels are your
> safest bet.

If we're discontining support for 2.4.x kernels on PowerPC, then we should
stop shipping packages for them.

Otherwise, support them.

Moreover, I doubt highmem+SMP configurations are all that rare,
particularly on recent hardware.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I reverse the phrase of Voltaire,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    and say that if God really existed,