Re: Still seeing if hfsplus is reliable with recent kernels (was: Re: 2-4-21-rc3-benh0 - hfsplus)

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 01:57:18AM -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> I read some things about the HFSX (HFS+ with case sensitivity) and I am
> wondering how I can mount it on Linux?  I get HFS_-fs: unable to find
> HFS+ superblock when trying to mount and it fails when I try to mount
> with $ mount -t hfs /dev/hda13 /mnt/x.  I would like to use and mount
> the case sensitive HFS+ on my powerbook to use my hard drive space more
> efficiently between the 2 oses.  Is this even possible even with the
> 2.6.8 kernel?

No, it's not possible with 2.6.8. The HFSX filesystem, while very similar
to HFS+, needs some code changes to be supported. It's actually simpler
in some ways, but it still requires extra code. As far as I can tell,
that hasn't been done yet.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com