Re: floppy root.img sizes

On Oct 15, 2004, at 11:16 AM, Duane Cottle wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong list for this...

I have been testing daily sarge floppy install images from
http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/floppy/
for a few weeks on OldWorld Macs.

That is, until October 8. Since then, root.img seems to have swollen to
a size bigger than I can dd onto a floppy.

What's puzzling to me is that the sizes reported by any tool I use to
download the images is less than the ls -l report by around 4.2KB.

Example: in gFTP today's root.img shows 1468006 on the server and
1509557 on my hd.

Hi Duane,

I'm forwarding this to Sven Luther, who generates the floppy images in question. I'm also forwarding this to the "debian-boot" list, where there are other folks besides Sven who may be able to help.

Enjoy!

Rick