Re: pbbuttonsd won't sleep on 2.6.8

Frank Murphy wrote:

When I close the lid of my clamshell G3 iBook, the system doesn't properly sleep like it does on 2.4.25. I've tried it with pmud and pbbuttonsd, and in both cases the screen backlight stays lit. On 2.4.25, I configured pbbuttonsd to sleep when the power button is pressed, and screen shows some psychadelic colors then turns off. On 2.6.8, X stops and some logs messages are printed on vt7, but the screen doesn't actually turn off. I have apm_emu loaded via /etc/modules. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Don't know on G3 but on G4 ibooks "real" sleep function is not supported.

--
Guglielmo Dapavo