iBook heat issues

Hello,

I'm currently running Debian on a G3 900 ibook. After about 20min of using
it, the the area where the hard drive is (left palm and underneith) become
very hot.

I've searched for every possible tip on how to fix this, but none seem to
work.  I've compiled and loaded the adm103x module for the fans, but that
doesnt seem to help. I can run both fans on high and while the top of the
ibook gets very cool, the bottom left portion is still extremely hot. I've
also tried spinning the harddrive down, but no go on that either.

When I run OSX, I never feel this much temperature come off of the ibook,
so it has to be something with Linux.

Has anyone else run into this or have any other ideas on what to try?

-Joe