Re: No HFS driver, and "change install priority" menu option missing -- and other bugs found while testing 2.4 boot floppies on OldWorld PowerMac

On Friday 01 October 2004 9:40, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Rick Thomas wrote:
> > When one mounts an hfs filesystem under 2.4, there are a bunch of
> > pseudo-directories with names beginning with a "." that give you access
> > to the finder info and the resource forks of all the files.
>
> You can access the resource via <file>/rsrc. I have a patch to export
> some other data as extended attributes.

So it seems that the method to get to HFS resource forks has changed between
2.4 and 2.6. I know Apple has a couple ways to get to this info. Is there a
"best practice" for this?

Frank