Re: Apt-installed kernel-image-2.6.8-power4 will not boot a PowerMac G4!!

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:00:16 +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sebastian Tennant writes:
>
>> No keyboard.  Not even garbage.  Cannot login :-/
>
> May I venture the guess that you have a USB keyboard?  Support for
> those is modular, so you must make sure it gets loaded, either by
> adding it manually to /etc/modules or /etc/mkinitrd/modules, or by
> installing a hardware detection package such as discover or hotplug.
>
> Regards, Jens.

Hmmm, I thought I had discover installed...  Ah no I remember
now, it borked my boot sequence somewhere so I took it out.

Hotplug or discover then?  Well, I reckon hotplug is the way things are
going so I'm going with them...

Thanks Jens.

sebyte

P.S. Any opinion on the yaboot version strangeness?  No doubt the newer
yaboot will work fine once I've got the newer kernel running.