Re: No HFS driver, and "change install priority" menu option missing -- and other bugs found while testing 2.4 boot floppies on OldWorld PowerMac

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 01:25:22AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Saturday, September 25, 2004, at 04:49 PM, Colin Watson wrote:
>
> >After my changes,
> >there's *loads* of room left for things. We were just being
> >inefficient,
> >that's all.
>
> Well,
>
> I just took a look at the latest floppy images.  It looks like
> everything that's there fits with room to spare -- in some cases
> not a lot of room, but enough to allow for inevitable growth
> between now and the expected release date, which is all that
> matters.
>
> Would you care to share the secret?  What did you do to create all
> that free space?

Remove lot of stale packages which should not have creeped in in the first
place, and limiting the number of translations.

> However... There is one important thing missing from the boot
> disks.  Specifically, the "System" file is zero length.  This is
> true of both boot and ofonlyboot for both 2.4 and 2.6.  It won't
> boot that way.

Arg, again. I have to checkup and see what is missing in the build process,
but i will not be able to do so until friday.

Friendly,

Svenm Luther