Re: airport and encryption

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 02:30, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> hello adam...
>
> * Adam Done <mlist@donestudios.com> [2004-09-17 09:19 +0200]:
> > I have been setting up my wireless using apples airport.  So far I have
> > been able to access the base station with an open network but when I try
> > to access with a close network and 40bit encryption I am locked out.
> >

> > in the /etc/network/interfaces
> > 	wireless_essid net-name
> > 	wireless_key s:password xxxxx
> >
> > but when I do restart the network interfaces I get this error
> >
> > #  /etc/init.d/networking restart
> > Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
> > Reconfiguring network interfaces...Error : unrecognised wireless request
> > "xxxxx"
> > done.
>
> i believe you specify the key in a wrong fashion. does
>
> wireless_key s:xxxxx
>
> work?

I can't believe it. LOL.. That was sooo simple for the key.  I totally
misread the man page (oups) with the [2] at the end of the example of of
the s:password.  All this time I had not thought of the 'password' is
the password of the base station. (Hanging my head down low) lol

Now since it accepted the password and the encrytion key is displayed
with iwconfig and the settings look to be on.. I still can't ping the
network through the wireless.  It seams like I am missing something
else.