Re: Oldworld Serial Console

On Friday, September 24, 2004, at 09:17 AM, Gregory Seidman wrote:

In fact, I can attest to using an ordinary Mac printer cable between my
Oldworld Mac running Linux and my dual G4 with a Keyspan adapter and
running MacOS X. I use minicom on the Mac and have set up quik, not BootX,
to allow me to have a console over the serial line.

Thanks for the explanation!

Could I prevail upon you to post a detailed step-by-step description of how you got quik to let you have a console over the serial line?

There are at least a few of us who have been beating our heads against this particular wall for some time...

Thanks!

Rick