Re: Problem with backlit keyboard on aluminium powerbook

Timo Reimerdes wrote:

On 22. Sep 2004, at 22:25 Uhr, Martino Pizzol wrote:

Hi all!
I have a powerbook(15" 1.25ghZ) and the backlit keyboard don't work. I
use a debian sid with a kernel 2.6.8.1 with the patch pmdisk. I have
loaded the i2c_keywest modules but in powerprefs the keyboard tab is
disabled, and it doesn't work with pbbuttons. How I can setup the
vacklit keyboard?
Thanks to everyone and sorry for my poor english!

Hi, I have the same troubles but fortunately that feature is not quite as important since I figured that mostly the keys are better visible with the dark letters on the metallic keys.

However I would like to one day have it all running properly. With everything that works on osx :)

some day....

Timo Reimerdes

I am interested to know if anyone has a fix to this, I to find that the keys are harder to see when lit - but never the less it would be cool to know.

Best Regards,

- Mick

(o> Web / software developer
( )     UNIX Systems Admin