Re: setup needed for PowerPC assembler programming

Well I won an auction on ebay for a G3 iMac.  Its blueberry colored!
$120 + $40 shipping. Not bad.

I am looking forward to seeing how far I can go with this.  I have an
IBM as400 which is powered by a 64 bit PPC with some special
instructions only used on that system. The as400 uses 16 byte pointers
and an architecture that is called "single level store" that is
different than what you see in Linux and Windows.

http://lwn.net/2001/features/OLS/pdf/pdf/iseries.pdf

http://www.domsys.com/bookshop/i/IBM_AS_400/Inside_the_AS_400_Second_Edition_1882419669.htm

thanks for the help,

Steve Richter