Re: USB Wireless LAN adapter

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 15:37, Michelle Z wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 14:34, Eric Gaumer wrote:
>
> > This seems to indicate that you've compiled against the wrong kernel
> > headers/source or maybe you didn't clean the source tree and linked to
> > some stale object code.
> >
> > Are you certain that things were compiled correctly?
>
> No, I'm not certain.  I apt-getted the 2.4.18 source but have not
> actually used this source to compile a kernel.  So I'm not sure this
> counts as using the correct source.

Ahh... but notice your kernel is 2.4.18-newpmac

You need to adjust the kernel makefile and add the EXTRAVERSION

VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 4
SUBLEVEL = 18
EXTRAVERSION =-newpmac

and then run 'make config' and just be sure that things like SMP are off
(or you'll have more missing symbols).
Then run 'make dep'

Then edit the Makefile for the module and make sure that...

KERNEL_SRC = /lib/modules/$(KERNEL_VERSION)/build

is changed to point to the kernel source tree.

Then you should be in good shape. Rebuild the module.