Re: USB Wireless LAN adapter
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: USB Wireless LAN adapter
- From: Michelle Z <email@example.com>
- Date: 12 Sep 2004 18:37:23 -0400
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1095014041.12173.30.camel@localhost>
- References: <email@example.com> <1095014041.12173.30.camel@localhost>
On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 14:34, Eric Gaumer wrote:
> This seems to indicate that you've compiled against the wrong kernel
> headers/source or maybe you didn't clean the source tree and linked to
> some stale object code.
> Are you certain that things were compiled correctly?
No, I'm not certain. I apt-getted the 2.4.18 source but have not
actually used this source to compile a kernel. So I'm not sure this
counts as using the correct source.
The next plan of attack (barring another solution) was to actually use
that 2.4.18 source to compile a new kernel and then rebuild the driver
afterwards. (Or possibly find another use for this adapter and try
getting an Airport card.)
> What does
> ]$ ls -l /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
> point to?
Michelle Z <firstname.lastname@example.org>