Re: iBook G4 Software Suspend

I use pmud (because I don't need the extra functionality that pbuttonsd
provides), so what is this fake sleep patch?  I see one in the
directory, but it's for a PowerBook G4 12".  Do I just modify that for
the line that is for my iBook?  Also, I see a cpu-freq patch; what is
that for?  Thanks in advance!

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 18:01 +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Bryan Forbes wrote:
>
> > I was reading through some of the archives on this list regarding
> > software suspend and I was wondering what is the best solution for an
> > iBook G4 800 Mhz.  Here's my /proc/cpuinfo:
> > machine         : PowerBook6,3
> > motherboard     : PowerBook6,3 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
>
> > From rom what I see, there are 3 solutions (maybe I'm wrong):
> > 1. the current kernel's software suspend.
> > 2. the pmdisk patches
> >
> > I'm not sure which ones support powerpc and whether I need to do some
> > modifying to get them to work.  Thanks in advance!
>
> The pmdisk works just fine.
>
> http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/
>
> To get it work, you have to use
> 	- xfree86 from debian/unstable
> 	- Unload all USB modules
> 	- then suspend
> 	- the fake-sleep patch is only needed for pmud, pbbuttonsd doesn't need
> 		this patch.
>
> --
> mfG Florian Reitmeir

Bryan Forbes
bryan@reigndropsfall.net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D