Re: iBook 2.2: Kernel 2.6.8 and beep (PC Speaker)?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 06:17:10PM +0200, Ivo Marino wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 11:13, Julien BLACHE wrote:
>
> > No. The code is in the ALSA CVS, and has been pushed to Linus, so it
> > should hopefully appear in next 2.6.9-pre.
> >
> > Search lkml for an ALSA update at the end of august.
> >
> I can confirm that the previous illustrated ALSA patch works fine on
> kernel 2.6.8, the PC Speakers (beep) on my iBook work fine again.

The huge alsa patch is not a candidate for inclusion in the 2.6.8 debian
kernels though, so it would be best if we were able to isolate only the change
that makes the beep work. If anyone feels like isolating this, send the
(small) patch as a bug report against kernel-source-2.6.8, please.

Friendly,

Sven Luther