Re: iBook 2.2: Kernel 2.6.8 and beep (PC Speaker)?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:20:37AM +0200, Ivo Marino wrote:
> While I'm writing this lines I'm apt-get'ing kernel-source-2.6.8 in
> order to compile and install it on my iBook 2.2. Kernel 2.6.7 worked
> fined until now, I had just some troubles with the builtin PC Speaker
> and ALSA: No beep sound (PC Speaker in alsamixer available but off).
> I've seen there were some patches to bring beep back to live on 2.6.7
> using ALSA and snd-powermac. Wich is the status of ALSA and beep in
> 2.6.8 kernel release? Will it work by default?

The problem was fixed with the last ALSA kernel patch release.
Now all works properly.

Best regards.
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't
want to learn.

 -- Richard M. Stallman