Re: problems with kernel-source-2.6.8-5 on powerbook 15" 1.33GHz

While it may not be related to the problem, I am wondering: is it normal
that the kernel does not compile if I only set the builtin powermac ide
support ? That is, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PMAC.
If I do so, the compilation fails due to undeclared variables and functions.
I must add PCI IDE chipset support (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI) and generic PCI
bus-master DMA support (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI).

Sam
--
"I'm sure that nobody here would dream of misusing the Arpanet.
 It's as unthinkable as fornication, or smoking pot."

    - RMS