Re: Debian and Ibm RS6000 7043-150

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 04:08:55PM +0200, Nicolas Raspail wrote:
> >> 2
> >> memory
> >> and
> >> the

> >> on
> >> problem.

> >> Can I go to the console 2 when I'm connecting to my box with minicom ? I
> >> not, I can give you what you need for the moment. I'll wait for your new
> >> upload
> >
> > No, but you can go to the menu item "open a shell" or something such at
> > the
> > bottom of the menu.
> >
> > Anyway, i will upload the new .udebs today, so they should be in tomorrows
> > build.
> >

> I grab the today build but like the yesterday, it doesn't detect my scsi
> card. I open a shell, type modprobe sd_mod, retry detect hardware and it
> complains about missing modules like ncr symbios logix, ide and usb stuff
> :/ I use the
> http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/2004-09-03/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd
>
> Here is a cat /proc/pci extract:
>
> Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
>     SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c825 (rev 19).
>       IRQ 23.
>       Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=17.Max Lat=64.
>       I/O at 0x1400 [0x14ff].
>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfeeae000 [0xfeeae0ff].
>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfeeaf000 [0xfeeaffff].
>
> When the missing modules will be available ?

Well, i think i have an idea.

You are installing using testing .udebs, which don't have the 2.6.8 module
.udebs. You have to boot with DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium or low, and chose
unstable when it aks you in the chose mirror part.

Now, partman seems broken in sid right now, so this won't help much.

Try again tomorrow using the sid_d-i netinst iso, which should even autoboot
on your box, i think.

In any case, rc2 should fix this for you.

Friendly,

Sven Luther