Re: Debian and Ibm RS6000 7043-150

>> 2
>> memory
>> and
>> the
>> >
>> > Yes, you probably have a sym53c8xx based driver, and it needs the
>> > scsi_transport module which Jens mentioned was missing. Jens added it
>> > the
>> > modules, but i am waiting for Jens to rebuild a powerpc kernel based
>> on
>> > the
>> > 2.6.8-5 kernel-source to make a new upload. This should fix this
>> problem.
>> >
>> > In any case, could you go to console 2, and give us the content of
>> > /proc/pci
>> > and /proc/bus/pci/devices, so we can confirm that this is it ?
>> >

>> Can I go to the console 2 when I'm connecting to my box with minicom ? I
>> not, I can give you what you need for the moment. I'll wait for your new
>> upload
>
> No, but you can go to the menu item "open a shell" or something such at
> the
> bottom of the menu.
>
> Anyway, i will upload the new .udebs today, so they should be in tomorrows
> build.

I grab the today build but like the yesterday, it doesn't detect my scsi
card. I open a shell, type modprobe sd_mod, retry detect hardware and it
complains about missing modules like ncr symbios logix, ide and usb stuff
:/ I use the
http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/2004-09-03/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

Here is a cat /proc/pci extract:

Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
    SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c825 (rev 19).
      IRQ 23.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=17.Max Lat=64.
      I/O at 0x1400 [0x14ff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfeeae000 [0xfeeae0ff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfeeaf000 [0xfeeaffff].

When the missing modules will be available ?

>> the
>> DI
>> I'll
>> >
>> > Ok.
>> >

>> I leave my box with only 256 Mo but I always have the CLAIM failed
>> problem. So, as I've no more idea about this probleme, I'll wait your
>> new
>> upload of kernel 2.6.8-5 with scsi transport to install my 7043-140 and
>> use mkvlinuz to try your tip
>
> Well. There is nothing really i can do about that, i am not familiar with
> chrp
> OFs, so you would probably need to investigate with linux on IBM guys, or
> maybe try google to find a previous similar info ?

Maybe, I'll try later, thanks for your patience and help

> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Regards

Nicolas