Re: problems with kernel-source-2.6.8-5 on powerbook 15" 1.33GHz

'ello,

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 03:41, Sam Zoghaib wrote:
> Note that this running kernel uses initrd. I don't want to use it for my own
> kernel, so of course ide support was built-in.

I have just posted (sorry!) about a very similar problem on my
PowerBook5,4 -- it looks like we're using the same config, yet it still
refuses to work w/o an initrd.  Very strange (and somewhat annoying, as
I can't stand bloat) :-).

I'm sure this information isn't really very helpful to you, but I
thought I'd let you know it is affecting someone else, too.

(If I find out the solution, I'll let you know.)

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>