Re: How to boot w/o initrd?
- To: "Matthew T. Atkinson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: debian-powerpc list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: How to boot w/o initrd?
- From: Albert Cahalan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Sep 2004 15:43:24 -0400
- Message-id: <1094067804.431.7201.camel@cube>
- In-reply-to: <1094039221.1649.20.camel@localhost>
- References: <1093282969.1087.69.camel@localhost> <412CB619.email@example.com> <1093871139.3888.7.camel@localhost> <1093977610.3892.256.camel@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1093989939.3891.326.camel@localhost> <email@example.com> <1094039221.1649.20.camel@localhost>
On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 07:47, Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 05:18, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> > You are thinking VGA console here, aren't you? I'm afraid that this
> > is not an option for PowerPC hardware at all. The framebuffer console
> > is the only way of writing stuff to the video hardware.
> LOL. Hmmm, well I suppose that is one of the side-effects of having a
> very clean and relatively legacy-free platform. Time to bust out
> SVGATextMode and the larger fonts, then :-)...
I doubt that would work, but a 12x22 font is available.
If you configure it as the only choice, it will be used.
With the new 2560x1600 display, even the 12x22 font will
be too small. We need 16x32 and 24x48 fonts, or TrueType.