Re: iBook G4 PmDisk

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Pau Rul·lan Ferragut wrote:

> > > this also does not work on my Ibook G4, without radeonfb even my Console
> > > is unstable (flickers).
> > > PMdisk is working here, but after X resume the colors are broken. With or
> > > without DRI, there is no difference.
> > You can otherwise switch back an forth fine between X and console?  So
> > switching to the console before suspend doesn't help, does it? Does
> > stopping/starting X after resume change anything? Did anybody of you try
> > a recent X?
console switching is working, but it doesn't help, also suspending the
display using "xset dpms ..." does not help.

>  I have not taken part of the thread before, but rigth now I am using the
> pmdisk in a iBook G4 (3.3) 14" with DRI disabled and the suspend-to-disk
> works. The  xfree86-common is version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-6 and I took the patch
> from Guido's web.
i'm using xfree86 the dri-trunk debian packages. I'll try the normal debian
packages, maybe there is special patch applied

>  I know this does not help a lot, but is for saying that it works (at least
> and for this while) for me.
can you post /proc/cpuinfo and your kernel version?

--
mfG Florian Reitmeir