modify key bindings (CTRL-C,CTRL-Z,etc.) in the keymap

Hello all

I will learn the keymapping stuff! So I read the manpages of keymaps,
dumpkeys, etc., but i didn't find any information how 'key bindings' like
CTRL-c,CTRL-x, etc. (for example used in the editor 'nano') have to be
defined in the console keymap.

Could someone of you tell me, how this can be done (or where I can find
information about this).

I played a little with the i386/sg-latin1 keymap, but I couln't find out,
which part of the keymap makes CTRL-c, CTRL-x work!

kind regards and

Thanks in advance for helping me

Roland Wegmann
rowe_gnu@gmx.net