Re: Linux kernel image 2.6.8 and unwanted modules and hot keyboard

Em Qui, 2004-08-26 às 11:53, Sven Luther escreveu:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:56:27AM -0300, Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> > Em Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:10:04 +0200, Sven Luther escreveu:
> >
> > 	I guess the Gnome guys are contaminating kernel people with
> > their XML infatuation??? XML is for docs markup, for Heaven???s sake!  I
> > do want something better than text for configuration, but that would
> > be a fully relational database in the kernel, not a hierarchical,
> > verbose file format!
>
> Well, at least it allows for different name of modules for 2.4 and 2.6
> kernels, while discover1 didn't allow that.

	Did we really, really, *REALLY* need the full horrors of bloated,
unreadable, error-prone XML for that?

	Those who don´t understand the relational model for data management are
bound to reimplement pre-relational technology.  But History only
repeats itself as a farse.

	Or as the Portuguese saying has it, History is an old, endlessly
babbling woman… oh, no, the PC inquisition’s black helicopters are
coming!

	Anyway, at least this is not MS.  We still can blacklist something, and
that’s good.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm>
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/             +55 (44) 3025 6253