Re: Kernel 2.6.8-powerpc problems (cdrom, battery notification, dhclient)

Hi,

Mannequin* writes:

> It found on ETH1 a Sub GEM (PCI) 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet. When I
> lsmod, it shows a modules called sungem, sungem_phy, and crc32 as
> loaded... So I put 'sungem' above 'firewire-eth thingy' and it works
> on boot now.
>
> I am interested in fixing it the right 'hotplug' way, should I just
> wait for an update, or is there a fix you know of that I can do
> right now?

You could put the eth1394 module in /etc/hotplug/blacklist, so it will
never get loaded at boot.  You could also teach ifupdown to check the
hardware address of your ethernet card; look for the example involving
the get-mac-address.sh script.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!