Re: Howto boot iMac from floppy?

s. keeling writes:

> How to create iMac yaboot boot flopp(y|ies)?

This is not supported at all.

> For whatever reason, the machine I'm banging my head on won't boot
> from the sarge netinst CD.  This is the second CD I've tried that's
> failed.  This one, I burned myself at speed=2.  I suspect
> something's wrong with this old iMac's CD drive.  Either that, or I
> missed something important in my reading up on this.  No amount of
> booting holding down the "C" key produces any sort of recognition of
> the CD from this thing.

Boot into Open Firmware by holding Command+Option+O+F when the startup
chime sounds.  At the prompt, you can examine the contents of the CD
and explicitly tell the machine to start yaboot.

> On the Mac, am I supposed to copy any of that into the Mac's HD?

You can also copy yaboot, yaboot.conf, vmlinux and initrd.gz to the
hard disk and start yaboot from there.

Regards, Jens.

J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!