Re: Radeon 7550 video cloning on IBook G3 14" [Was: Re: Radeon 9600 dual head and XF86Config on PB G4 15"]

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:48:52PM +0200, Cedric.Pradalier@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> Sorry for this late response. I don?t know if it can help but I've put some
> indications and config files on :
> http://mockenhaupt.homelinux.org/ibookWiki/Configuration

As I stated before, I'm not a Debian user so i'm not able
to use debian binary packages. I'm not an XFree86 user
either because I'm a Xorg user.

Before postin my message to the debian-powerpc mailing list
I googled a lot and I found your page. I already knew it and
it is very interesting. I thought it was very debian specific.

Do you think I will be able to use the informations reported
in your page, too?

> X can see the ati M7 [ibook G3] board as two boards, one that useFBDev
> and one that does not. Then using a ServerLayout, you can activate
> both output but you lose DRI... Then you get either two displays :0.0
> and :0.1 or one continuous display with xinerama. Nevertheless, for
> doing PDF/openoffice presentations it is often sufficient.

The "ServerLayout" link point to this page
but the page that is displayed doesn't contain
any reference to any configuration.

Is this intentional?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.