Re: No /dev/pmu
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: No /dev/pmu
- From: Bruce Richardson <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:31:30 +0100
- Message-id: <20040819073129.GC9694@phaistos.bruce>
- In-reply-to: <20040819064742.GA3221@fuchi>
- References: <1092870304.19043.31.camel@localhost> <20040819064742.GA3221@fuchi>
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 08:47:42AM +0200, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> hello matthew...
> * "Matthew T. Atkinson" <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2004-08-19 07:50
> > I have no /dev/pmu in a new installation of Sarge. It is causing
> > GNOME
> > to complain on startup and pbbuttonsd to fail to start. How can I
> > get
> > /dev/pmu back? There is a /proc/pmu/ directory present.
> hm, perhaps the maintainer of pbbuttonsd should include the creation
> /dev/pmu in the maintainer scripts? frank? there used to be a
> about it but i forgot the outcome. :)
The pbuttonsd-setenv script creates /dev/pmu if run as root.
If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too