Re: hfs+ fs with linux

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:30:19 +0200
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at> wrote:

AD> Hi
AD> a friend of mine wants to use some data on his external harddrive
AD> both on OSX and linux (x86) and so the questions is, what is the
AD> status of the hfsplus driver under linux, is it save to use and does
AD> it work both read and write?

Not sure about HFS+ on Linux, but there is a good ext2/3 driver for OSX.
I have used that with my external disk on OSX, Linux PPC and Linux X86.
I don't have the URL to hand, but check on macupdate.com

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |