Re: Re: Blender, and other GL programs don't work anymore [MOSTLY SOLVED]

>>You should try to get a backtrace with xserver-xfree86-dbg. (Or just use
>>xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk :)
>
>well, the dri-trunk did the trick. blender works now! thank you!
> of course, now x crashes while loading the graphical login manager. but i
can still log in the old fashioned way, and then startx. good enough for me.
maybe i can even figure out that small problem.

>thanks,
>jim

What does it mean to "use xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk"? I'm using Gentoo linux
and am having the same problem with Blender killing the Xserver.

--
Jakob Malm