Problems hitting Airport Extreme Base Station with WEP

I'm trying to connect to an Airport Extreme Base Station using WEP. I am
trying to connect from an iBook rev2.2 using the old wireless card -- I
can connect fine without WEP.

My interfaces file has the following stanza:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    up iwconfig eth0 essid clw
    up iwconfig eth0 enc <password>.

First of all its difficult to find out what the key is as I understand I have
to try and extract the hex key. I dumped the config files after changing
my base station from 40bit WEP to 128bit WEP and found that the only
differences were:

Any ideas on how to extract the keys? I've tried using these keys, but I
get errors (obviously, I suppose, since they are the wrong length...):

# iwconfig eth0 key kcpW1OU=
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    invalid argument "kcpW1OU=".

Rory Campbell-Lange