Re: Installing Sarge

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 02:17:34PM -0700, Derek Enz wrote:
> Downloaded and installed the minimal sarge ppc iso, the update for Aug 1.

Exactly which URL did you use? What does 'isoinfo -lR -i whatever.iso |
grep partman-newworld' say on the image you downloaded?

> This time it seems to automatically setup the Apple_bootstrap.
> This message still came up.
>
> NO NEWWORLD BOOT PARTITION WAS FOUND. THE YABOOT LOADER REQUIRES AN
> APPLE_BOOTSTRAP AT LEAST 819200 BYTES IN SIZE, USING THE HFS MACINTOSH
> FILE SYSTEM.
>

> Went back to the partitions and renamed the boot partition from untitled
> to bootstrap.

The code that produces the message in question doesn't look at the
partition name. There was a bug that broke it, but I fixed that
recently. If it's still broken in partman-newworld 10, I need to know
very soon.

Cheers,